The Region of the Verdon
Region Var and lake of Sainte Croix and Provence in the heart of the Verdon
The most important aspects of camping L’Avelanède at the border of Lac de Sainte Croix in the Provence are:
- The sun of southern France
- The Var and Côte d’Azur within an hour’s drive
- Provencal markets
- Typical Villages of Provence
- Natural park of the Verdon
- Lake of Artignosc, Lake of Sainte Croix, Lake of Esparron de Verdon, Big Canyon of Verdon, forests, rivers and lavender fields in a delightful climate: warm during daytime, pleasantly cool at night.
- The Verdon area and a unique location due to climate, height differences and varying activities offered by the area.
- Cycling, trails, climbing, canyonning, paddle…
Situation of the camping L’Avelanède in the heart of the Verdon
The campsite is located in the center of the Verdon Natural Regional Park, ideally placed to take advantage of all the activities!
The Verdon offers a wide range of activities and the landscape will take your breath away.
Grand canyon of the Verdon, boats on the Lake of Sainte Croix, Moustiers Sainte Marie and its Fayence, Aups and its Provençal markets, Valensole overlooked by its lavender and truffle plateaus, perched village of Tourtour, and many other places also to discover..! Here are some ideas:
Swimming, canoe rental, pedalo, sailing sports, electric boat, hiking, mountain biking, horse riding, paragliding…
- Lake of Artignosc: 5 minutes from the campsite
Hospitable and calm lake
Departure from the basse gorges de Baudinard
- Lake of Sainte Croix: 10 minutes from the campsite
Big lake, with very versatile beaches, villages and environments.
- Lake of Quinson: 15 minutes from the campsite
Dépature of the Basses Gorges du Verdon d’Esparron
- Lake of Esparron de Verdon: 25 minutes from the campsite
Beautiful lake with rocky coastlines, creeks andjumping rocks,..
- Grand Canyon of the Verdon (the biggest canyon in Europe): 45 minutes away from the camping.
An acitivity to do during your holiday!
Rental canoes in Artignosc:
The Gorges de Baudinard are the least well-known in the Verdon, a harbor of peace which beauty will leave you breathless!
Horse rides in Artignosc:
From pony to horse on the shores of the Lac d’Artignosc sur Verdon.
Who doesn’t know the highlands of Valensole with its lavender fields? Hiking trails start at the camping site and will take you around the lake of Sainte Croix towards Valensole.
Sillans La Cascade:
Beautiful provencal village with a 40m tall waterfall. Go hiking on an afternoon on the designated hiking routes in the surrounding nature.
Museum of Prehistory:
Life through the ages in the Verdon!
Moustiers Sainte Marie:
Classified as one of the most beautiful villages in France: the pottery, a village pierced by…
Also classified as one of the most beautiful villages in France: a hamlet that embodies the Provence.
You are cordially invited to explore the Grand Canyon de Verdon in different ways.
More at look directly in the site, especially to spend a relaxing and calming holiday on the spot.